Saturday, January 24, 2009

You Wish Your Dog Was Human?

The other day I was talking to a brother on the phone about cool places to go in Toronto. To tell you the truth, I haven't done a lot of the touristy things that people usually do when they visit here... or I have done them, but quickly, without taking the time to wander around for however long I want. I decided today was a perfect day to go to the St. Lawrence Market.

I like going here just to look at all the crazy food, taste some samples, and people watch! Here is what I purchased: Dried apricots, bagels, a butter tart, pierogies, pasta sauce, and fresh pasta. I tried a sample of the pasta and sauce, and oh my, I think it's the best sauce I've ever tasted, so I couldn't resist buying some. The sauce is 3 different kinds - alfredo, pesto, and marinara - and the container used to look pretty, but I took this picture after I had a little taste :)
On the subway coming home, this lady and her dog sat down near me. She proceeded to have a 20 minute conversation with her dog. Seriously, this is how it went...

Nuzzle nuzzle. Oh, you pretty little girl. Don't worry, only 5 more stops! Kiss kiss. You're a good girl, aren't you, aren't you? Eskimo kisses. Oh, look! Pointing. 3 people are getting on the train.. 1, 2, 3... Whispers sweet nothings. Oh, hunny, we're at Lawrence Station now.. L..A..W..R.. and on, and on, and on....

some people need help...

7 comments:

  1. Haha, if that is the weirdest thing you ever see on the subway you are a lucky girl. Public transportation definitely brings out the crazy in people! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were around Skeeter more you would understand...haha just kidding. I guess that's what ya get for living in the big city, lonely people who only have their pets to talk to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember in teacher's college, someone mentioned that all those crazy people talking to themselves on public transit...USED TO BE TEACHERS! What would possibly drive them to that?!?! (answer's so obvious) haha...that could be you or me one day?! shudder...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be nice to live where you live and be able to go to so many places and see so many different things. I'm always nervous when I am on the subway (you have witnessed that before!!) I'm always waiting for someone to jump up and go crazy...... hmm.. I don't think I could handle the big city life... I envy you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that's exactly why I cannot wait to live in Toronto!! Well, except for the crazy lady with the dog, of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jill I'm catching up on some of your posts, I was without a computer for a while. When you commented on the lady talking to her dog I was thinking "Oh my god, I have conversations with my dog" Am I crazy? I only do it at home, not in public though :) I would give anything to know what dogs really do think when thier caregivers are talking to them. They probably think we are so weird. Anyways, I think it's kinda cool that you are checking out new places in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  7. G, You must have a smart brother to spur on that trip to the market. In response to the last comment. Yes Stacey, you are crazy, and so is your husband. I've definitely seen you guys talk to doggie in public. The worst is people who think their pets are equivalent to children. Terrible.

    ReplyDelete