Sunday, January 4, 2009

Recording my Data

My sweet, sweet vacation is over.

Many years ago, my sista from another mutha, S.T. told me she wrote in a "Grateful Journal" everyday. I did it for a while too and I liked it, so I'm going to start it again. It's also on my list of goals to do.

I think she actually got the idea from Oprah, who says, "List five things that happened this day that you are grateful for. What it will begin to do is change your perspective of your day and your life. If you can learn to focus on what you have, you will always see that the universe is abundant; you will have more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never have enough."

Blah, blah, blah, but sure, I'll try it.

I also have the perfect new book for it. This was a Christmas gift from a boy I teach this year. He told me he picked out something really special for me, and even wrote a message on the first page! I thought it was cute. Now I will never forget what data means.

3 comments:

  1. Your student is so sweet!!! I started a grateful journal but never really kept it up... I think I will go back to it. My mom gave me the journal and I still have it somewhere. Good luck with yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good idea!! Your student had a great idea and he seems like a smart kid. !!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I got a mention in your blog already! I feel so special! It's nice to go back and read all my journals that I kept in high school. You have inspired me to try and start again!

    ReplyDelete