Saturday, January 17, 2009

Red Red Wine...

... You make me feel so fine

Last night we partied (medium) hard at M's "holiday" work gathering. The 3rd annual dinner and dance - well that we've attended, at least! Talk about the differences in working for the public vs private sectors! At my Christmas party we bought our own dinner at a family restaurant. M's party, on the other hand, was at a nice hotel downtown - fancy dinner, open bar, and a rockin' DJ.

Here is what we had for dinner:
1) A gathering of winter greens with crumbled stilton, dried figs, grapes and toasted pecans in a white balsamic vinaigrette

2) Caramelized onion bisque with sherry and gruyere

3) Seared fillet of beef with "Northern Woods Mushrooms" and armagnac scented sauce. Served with herb roasted potatoes and winter selection of vegetables

4) The King's Festive Tree-O: Chocolate pistachio ribbon cake, Bailey's cheesecake with cinnamon crema, and phyllo wrapped plum pudding with warm rum sauce

5) Lots of booze

I don't know what half of those items on the menu mean, but I do know that it was delicious! Good times had by all!

Here we are in the (free) cab ride home!

Okay, my question for whoever is reading this: What alcoholic beverages do you like? Other than wine, I don't have any mixed drinks that I really, really love. I need your ideas!

Thank you for your comments, I LOVE getting them!

5 comments:

  1. Tom Collins and Vodka Water Bar Lime (which you drank a lot of on your Bachelorette night)
    Oooo and a Purple Haze martini!!
    So good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kahlua and milk - margaritas - strawberry daiquiris.

    So is M ok? I hear he was busting a move?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuzzy Navel - peach schnapps and oj
    Baileys and milk
    Premium rye and coke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your infmaous Pina Amaretto! You introduced it to us.. now it's a favourite.

    Or a Tropical Sarah-dise hahaha. (Malibu, Cherry Whiskey, Pineapple juice and Sprite).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forget what your Pina Amaretto is..... I may want to order it when I am in Mexico.... please share the recipe.....

    ReplyDelete