Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Zumba Begins

I started zumba tonight. What is that? Well it's a cardio dance class done to Latin music. I've heard that it's quite popular in the States but has just caught on in Canada over the past couple of years.

Tonight we learned steps to the Merengue, Salsa, Reggaeton, Cumbia, and Cha Cha Cha. It was definitely a good workout and I was pretty sweaty by the end! I love sweating. It was a bit hard to follow because the moves are really, really fast! I thought I was doing great, then realized we were dong the moves in slow motion! Ha. I'm definitely not a dancer and find it hard to remember some steps, but I did pretty good for my first try! Best of all it was really fun so it didn't feel like work. After zumba tonight, doing my couch to 5K running this morning, plus floor hockey last night, my body is tired!

If I had taken pictures this is what the class might have looked like. Hot.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.... that looks like quite a workout.... I think it would be fun although I'm sure I would have to do it in slo mo for a long time...... Good for you, J for trying something new!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like fun. Thats the key - changing up the workout routine!

    ReplyDelete