Monday, March 2, 2009

Yum Squared

Breakfast Cookie is my new favourite food! I had it for breakfast this morning and it was SO good - I'd compare it somewhere between a brownie and ice cream. I'm not even kidding, it was that good. When I woke up I had a little bite before going to the gym and it was still soft, so I put it in the freezer to harden. Good call. I'm tempted to call it either Breakfast Pudding or Breakfast Mush though, because it does not resemble a cookie in any way.

I used up all of the peanut butter last night, but in order to make a cookie for tomorrow, I needed some sort of nut butter. I decided to make almond butter in my food processor. It's very easy, just put the almonds in and blend the daylights out of them (between 5-10 minutes). You don't need to add anything, they just slowly turn creamy! Mind you, it turned out much more crumbly than store bought but there's no thick layer of oil that you usually find in natural nut butters.

Presto! From this to this in minutes!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy..... I think it would be very good with almond butter..... I can't wait for you to come home at Easter and make me some!!!

    ReplyDelete