Sunday, March 8, 2009

Green Monster, Take 2

A huge mess happened last week during my first attempt at making a Green Monster! So this morning I began my second attempt and was successful! M says these pictures make him nauseous, so you've been warned! Obviously, he did not partake in the goodness.

Thanks for letting me borrow you magic bullet, mom!

The ingredients in my Green Monster are: 1/2 cup of Almond Breeze, 1/2 a banana, a handful of blueberries, and 1 large kale leaf. Blend, blend, blend, until you can blend no more. Then pour it into a fancy glass to make it more appealing!

Look, one of my plants is still living!

Oh la la, there you have it, my first ever Green Monster! I got the idea from Angela from Oh She Glows, who seems to drink 1-2 of these daily!

Now, you're probably wondering - WHY??? Yeah, that's what I was thinking as I was drinking it. Actually, it tasted quite fine because banana is very overpowering, but it didn't smell all that great. The health benefits of kale are the main reason I'd drink one. Kale has more nutritional value for fewer calories than almost any other food and it also appears able to lessen the occurrence of many cancers. Haven't you always heard that it's good to eat your leafy greens?

Well, I'm not sure if these reasons will actually make me want to have one every day, but maybe if I get some vanilla protein powder I'll be more likely to have one, because I'm always looking for different ways to up my protein.

So, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it looks gross because I am an Odwalla Superfood addict, I could drink it every day if I could afford it (both financially and nutritionally, it has too many calories usually).

    I might have to give this a try though. But I hate kale so I'm a little bit torn. I do want to go to a thrift store and get a fancy glass though, that does look like it would make things taste a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are are adventuresome when it comes to trying out new things. I'm not sure what kale tastes like. I'm glad that you are using the bullet. It seems like a good little machine. We are enjoying the salad that you made yesterday... I love quinoa!! I don't know what I love the most... the taste or the texture. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete