Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Swimming With Dolphins

During our vacation we took a day trip that included riding a catamaran, snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, and eating a lobster lunch. Good times!

Here I am enjoying the catamaran ride. I was so, so nervous because I still have seasickness nightmares from Thailand. I took a gravol and everything was a-ok! So relieved.

We went snorkeling for 45 minutes and it was amazing! This was my first time really snorkeling - I did go once in Thailand but again, me and monsoon waves didn't mix. This time though, I saw some very cool fish and reefs. Our leader opened up a spiky shell thing for me to hold and all the fish came to eat the insides. I loved it!

After snorkeling we hopped back onto the catamaran to head to the dolphin reserve. It was interesting because the dolphins still live in the ocean water, but their space is fenced in. We put on a very fishy smelly life preserver and jumped into the very fishy smelling water. Blech! It was just lovely getting splashed in the face with that water!

I have always, always, always wanted to swim with dolphins, so this experience was very exciting for me! Here I am getting a kiss from Bea! She was not very gentle!

Dolphins are so incredibly soft to touch. We were trying to decide what it felt like and came up with either really soft rubber, or a wet glass. I couldn't get enough of it!

Dophins also make hilarious sounds! Ee-eee-eeee-eeee-eeeee.

Here's C checking out Bea's mouth. He actually accidentally licked her with that big tongue of his.

What an awesome experience!

5 comments:

  1. That would be such a great experience.The water looks so blue!!!!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look on your face when the dolphin kisses you! Too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wet innertube. That is what they feel like! I'm glad you got to experience it! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. S - yes, wet innertube! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete