Monday, August 31, 2009

I Just Wanna Sleep

Ugh. I can't even remember the last time I slept an entire night through. I know I shouldn't complain, considering I have two friends who are new moms and we all know what happens then, but please, gimme just one night. One amazing night of sweet, sweet sleep.

I took this picture back in July when I got to watch the sunrise when I didn't want to watch the sunrise. It was pretty, but I could have easily done without.

A trick I figured out this week was to stay laying in bed and listen to an audio book on my ipod. It kinda worked and has been the best solution I've found so far, other than just getting up for the day at 3am.

What do you do when you can't sleep? Or sleep for longer than 4 hour periods? Is this a problem that I'll be facing for the rest of my life???? Say it ain't so.

PS - Show me some blog love once in a while and leave a comment! It's so easy! I know more than just my mother and mother-in-law read this! Come out from hiding, it's okay.

Here are step by step instructions:
1. Click on the "comments" button below the post and write a comment.
2. Where is says "comment as", select name/url.
3. Write your name, press continue, then post comment.

9 comments:

  1. G, just get M to talk to you about his day or problems or whatever. Seems to work for me - poor MT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about a sleep clinic? You're way too young to be having sleep problems.

    And by the way, I can tell you're frustrated that more people aren't responding to your log - but don't give up. Personally I would miss it. We don't see you guys very much - this at least makes us feel connected to your lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No advice on the sleep problem but here's a comment for you! :) I wish I got more comments on my blog as well so I understand the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture!! I wish I didn't sleep as much. You can have my sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the comments. It makes it all worthwhile, really. And I get to see who actually reads my nonsense!

    G, yes that usually does work, except when he falls asleep first and then all I hear is mouth breathing. Ew.

    Marina, I know once I start work again I'll be dead tired. You know how it is. Those little animals take the energy right out of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you need to get back to work to get you swamped with work to get more exhausted for night time ahahahaha
    ORR drink a glass of wine before bed, maybe it will relax you more?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try some warm milk.... it always seems to work. I love reading your blog and the comments are really interesting to read. So keep up the comments, people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah Steph, the first week back is deadly. So tired. I can't wait to sleep!

    Thanks for the suggestion mom, but warm milk just sounds revolting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. fyi, I drop by every now and then and read your "nonsense"

    ReplyDelete