Monday, August 17, 2009

Negative Ions Are Positive

This is one of my favourite places in Toronto. It's so purty in the summertime.

Now that the city worker strike is over the fountain is running! I like it because the rushing water hides (some) of the sounds of traffic. On a sunny day I bring a book down here, sit by the fountain, and enjoy the negative ions.

Did you know that surrounding yourself with moving water is good for your health? I learned this from a prof in teacher's college, but don't ask me what it has to do with teaching. The proportion of negative ions is highest around moving water, which is supposed to improve your mood and be energizing. Maybe you've noticed that taking a shower makes you a happier person?

This is probably why people love waterfalls so much. They are beautiful plus they make you feel good! We sat under this waterfall while in Thailand. You can't get much closer to crashing water than that. I loved every minute of it.

2 comments:

  1. I assume the ocean is also considered to be ' moving water' I know it always makes me feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being by the water..... It makes you feel so good!!!

    ReplyDelete