Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Quinoa, I Think I Love You

This recipe is so good, you've gotta try it! I've made it a few times now and it's definitely one of my faves.

I found the original recipe here, but make changes, depending on what ingredients I have on hand. First you start by rinsing your quinoa, then roasting it for a few minutes, which supposedly gives it a nuttier taste. Next, boil your quinoa and let it cool.

While that's happening, chop up the veggies you'd like to include. Today I used cucumbers, tomatoes, and corn. I also add half a can of whatever type of beans I have, today was chickpeas. Add the secret ingredient, cumin, and some Italian dressing, and mix all together.

Add the quinoa, and badda bing, badda boom, there you have it. Deliciousness. Seriously, try this, you won't regret it!

5 comments:

  1. I don't know about this recipe.... why don't you bring some home and make it up when you are here..... I might like it then.... I know I love quinoa in my oatbran cereal in the morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a chance I might try it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good. you need to make some for saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I will bring some on Saturday so you can taste the scrumptiousness that is this recipe.

    ReplyDelete