Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Go To Breakfast

Is it just me, or do you find when you eat cold cereal or toast for breakfast, you're hungry again an hour later? One day I switched up my regular breakfast cereal with a "green monster" and my hunger was gone until lunchtime!

Since then, the green monster has become my go to breakfast! Here are the ingredients I use most often: 40g of spinach (about 2 handfuls), 1/2 cup milk, a half or whole banana, 1/4 tsp of pb, 1 scoop of protein powder, and 2 cubes of ice.
Blend it all up...
Yes, yes, blend it all up until it's creamy and there are no more little bits of spinach floating around. It should be nice and frothy!
And there you have it, breakfast of champions!

I promise, you don't taste the spinach at all (although you may have to experiment - once in the early stages my drink tasted like earth, ugh). It actually tastes like a chocolate pb banana smoothie to me. It must be okay because I've even gotten my mom to start drinking these!

3 comments:

  1. I love the Green Monster after work. We are usually starving when we get home but don't want to eat dinner that early so I make a Green Monster for each of us.... it gives us energy.. the only problem is that we aren't hungry for dinner until about 8:00 p.m. Too late for dinner then!! I should try it for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey J...
    I don't get it..you said only 1/4 tsp of pb...that's hardly any...is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I use the smallest smidgen of pb, just to give it a bit of extra flavour. I limit the amount just to watch the amount of fat I'm eating, but you could add however much you want!

    ReplyDelete