Sunday, March 14, 2010

St. Paddy's River

Yesterday we went for a walk to see the Chicago River dyed green for St. Paddy's Day. It was a miserable rainy, windy day. I had low expectations and figured since the river is already green it would just be a shade lighter or something. Oh no, it was surprisingly bright green! I found these pictures on the internet because we had the iPhone, which could not pick up the true colour.
They pour vegetable dye in and use boats to stir it all up!
Even Bama wanted to see! How festive.

5 comments:

  1. I saw that river on tv today during the Hawks/Caps game. How long before the green dissipates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Wikipedia I read that it lasts only a few hours. They used to use more dye so it would last for a week, but not anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Great time to be in Chicago!! What will you be doing on St. Paddy's Day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daylight savings is really messing me up. I thought St. Paddy's Day was on the 17th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle GrenvilleMarch 15, 2010 11:38 AM

    Sounds like you're having a great time in Chicago! Have a great time on St. Patty's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete