Friday, March 5, 2010

Indian Cooking Class, Week 6

Week 6 cooking class. Nomnomnom.

In week six we made palak paneer (below left), a mixed vegetable salad (below right), dal makhni (lentils with beans), and rice with mixed vegetables.
I pulled myself out from under my rock and tried paneer (it's cheese, who knew?!) for the first time in my life. Yum! I loved the mixed salad big time, so here's the recipe! So so so easy.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of each chopped: onion, tomato, cucumber, carrots, lettuce, cabbage, radish
2 green chillies chopped
juice of 2 lemons
salt and pepper to taste
handful of fresh coriander

Directions:
Mix together veggies. Add lemon juice. Add salt and pepper. Eat. Love.

If anyone wants one of the other recipes, just let me know!

3 comments:

  1. I saw a guy on the cooking channel today making paneer. I've never had it.

    Was this the salad you made for M this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paneer is a really soft, mild cheese (from what I could tell). We mixed ours with a spinach dish so all I could taste was that. Our teacher also showed us how to make paneer at home - something along the lines of boiling milk and adding vinegar, and presto!

    And I made a variation of that salad for Mike, yes! Wasn't as good as in class because I only had romaine lettuce. Not the same :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try some of your Indian cooking.... before you move out of Toronto, I hope!!

    ReplyDelete