Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Tattoo

I had been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while. Deciding what I wanted was the hardest part. So, I kept thinking and thinking, for a good couple of years, then one day I magically knew! I went into Waycool, a highly regarded tattoo shop in Toronto, and booked an appointment for a few days later. It was all so fast, I thought I'd have at least a few weeks to work up the courage!

I had found an image of a cherry blossom tattoo on the deviant art website, printed it off, and brought it in with me. I was picturing the tattoo would be 3 inches, so I was quite surprised when I went in for my appointment and saw that the artist had drawn it to be around 7 inches long! I thought, what the heck, go big or go home!

This was day one. You can sort of see the scabs starting.

So away we went, but had to stop after 5 minutes because my body had gotten so clammy. I think I was in shock because I don't remember a lot from the beginning. The artist kept telling me to breathe, so that's what I focused on for the hour and a half that it took. By the end I pretty much wanted to die.

The next day someone at work asked to see it to make sure I could still get an epidural if I ever needed one! So don't worry, it's more on the upper lower back, if that makes any sense. No "tramp stamp" for me!

I don't think I'll ever get another tattoo. Mostly because of the pain, but also because I don't have a spot to put one. I don't want one in a spot that is noticeable, so that really doesn't leave a lot of places.

I love my tattoo and don't think I'll ever regret it. And of course it has a special meaning. I often forget it's even there, but when I do get a glimpse of it, it's like a sweet little surprise every time!

M on the other hand, is way past addicted.

You know you're hardcore when you can study while getting tattooed!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big fan of tattoos but I really like yours. I don't think I could ever get one myself. Is M thinking of getting another one soon?

    ReplyDelete