Friday, October 15, 2010

Corepower Yoga Studio

I've always liked the idea of yoga. I took it for a short stint back when I was in Grade 12 and loved it, but then took a few classes last year that scared the crap out of me due to the numerous headstands and inversions. Clearly not good for a beginner, like myself.

There are so many yoga studios in Chicago, it's nuts. I chose Corepower because they offer a free week and I definitely wanted to try it out before paying the big bucks for something I wasn't going to enjoy.

I've gone to 4 classes over the last 4 days and I'm in love. On Monday I went to a beginner level which helped refresh my memory of all the poses. Tuesday I tried a core restore class where we held 10 poses for 3-5 minutes each. Ow. Wednesday was hot yoga in a room heated to 98-100 degrees and last night I went to a sculpting class which was yoga+weights and such a good workout. What's on for tonight?

I love the feeling afterwards that I've worked hard, sweat everything out, and can leave clear minded. I don't get that from being on the elliptical.
Not quite to that point :) *yet*

4 comments:

  1. Oh my!!!!! That pose is illegal in 10 states!

    Good for you though Jill with the yoga. Brad and I have talked about taking a class. I would only go if he were going with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Way to try a variety of classes in your free week :) We are so happy to have you as a part of our Chicago yoga community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a real work out. I looked at the website and I assume you are going to the one closest to your house and I am guessing you are going to try out Hot Power Fusion - Candlelight tonight. Am I right? There is a yoga class starting up near us and I am thinking of going with some of my gal friends. Daughter, you give me so much inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @marina Haha, that comment made me laugh! You should try it at least once and see what you think! There are so many different kinds of yoga from a crazy workout to a more relaxing, meditative stretch. At corepower, there are a surprising amount of guys who take the classes too! Tell that to Brad!

    @CorePower Thanks!

    @Marnie Go for it!

    ReplyDelete