Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Presto Pesto

You're all familiar with Basil, yes? My beloved. She survived the fall and grew into a fragrant, luscious little thing. I knew I had to take action because some of her leaves were growing out of control.

The only thing I know is that basil is used to make pesto, so of course that's what I did. I found this recipe for an almost oil free pesto. I did use a different type of cheese rather that parmesan because apparently I can't read labels properly.

I then used the pesto to make pizza! I learned to use naan as pizza crust from my bro and it is delectable. We had a guest coming for dinner and I wasn't sure if he'd like pesto or not, so I used half pizza sauce, half pesto. Next time I'll use all pesto, it was gooood.

Now Basil is nekkid and I have a bunch of pesto leftover. Know anything good to make using pesto?

2 comments:

  1. Oh poor Basil.... He looks so scrawny now!! Will he grow all his leaves back? How long will it take?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other than putting it on pasta, I have no clue what to do with pesto.

    ReplyDelete