Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lazy Saturday Morning

I have officially lived in Chicago for 10 days and this morning I took advantage of sleeping in! Yay for lazy Saturday mornings. Not that 9:30am is soooo crazy or anything. Usually Bama the dog gets up with the birds every morning and wakes me up with his ferocious panting. This morning I ignored him till he went away... poor boy.
I remembered that there's a Saturday farmers market not too far from me and decided to get up and go. Everybody I saw walking down the street was carrying bags of fruits and vegetables so I knew I was headed in the right direction.
I love markets! Here's what I came away with: beets, peaches, cukes, onions, cherries, and tomatoes.
What were you up to on this beautiful Saturday?

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm - farmers markets - yum!

    Other than go for a walk and pick up a few groceries I had an entire lazy day!!

    Was a busy week - it felt good to be lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got up at the crack of dawn, took a load of gravel to C & C's and then headed to TO for Bluejay/Boston baseball game. After the game we headed to Woodstock to babysit L & F so that G and MT could go out to a friend's bd party. We took L & F to the park (where there was some sort of "dog convention" going on.... dogs and owners/tents (even dog tents)all over the place) We got L & F home by 9:30 p.m. (don't tell G & MT!! or we may be fired.. lol) and got them settled in bed by 10:30..... ahhh finally able to put our feet up!!!

    ReplyDelete