Tuesday, July 28, 2009

More Cake Talk

Two cake posts in a row, wow!

The top tier of our wedding cake sat in my parents' freezer for over a year, until we decided to open it to celebrate our first anniversary. We brought the cake to the cottage to share, thank goodness, otherwise we would have been eating cake for days!

My dad packaged it up really well. Two garbage bags, a huge ball of saran wrap, and duct tape!! It took me 10 minutes to unwrap it.

Not bad, not bad! The flowers on the top had flattened, but other than that it looked pretty good!

Not quite as good as the before picture, but I'll take what I can get.

A lovely picture of us, especially since I'm wearing my pyjamas.

Here's the inside. Vanilla bean cake with espresso frosting. For year old cake, it was delicious.

And some action shots! Oh aren't we so adorable.

1 comment:

  1. I can attest that it was yummy!! At one point I thought I had lost it in the freezer..... maybe thrown it out by mistake during the past year... but I found it!! Packed as tight as the day we put it in!!

    ReplyDelete