Monday, December 14, 2009

On the 12th Day Before Christmas...

My Christmas festivities are pretty much over with and Christmas hasn't even happened yet! I've celebrated with both sides of my family, yet my own Christmas tree isn't up! It's a little strange to be honest, although quite lovely to have all the shopping and running around done.

There are still 12 days before Christmas though and lots of cheery things to partake in! Every day, I will try to do at least one Christmasy thing and write about it here. So here goes..

On the 12th Day Before Christmas my true love gave to me... Frosty, The Grinch, and Charlie Brown's Christmas movie. I hope you sang that.

Last week I went on a PVR rampage and found all the old-school Christmas shows to record. I'm always wound up after floor hockey and can't sleep, and so far tonight I've watched:

1) Frosty the Snowman (sadly not as good as I remembered)
source

2) How The Grinch Stole Christmas (such a classic)
source

3) A Charlie Brown Christmas (oh so good and love the music)
source

I have lots left on the PVR too - Rudolph (oh yeah), The Polar Express (I'm mixed on this one), Yes Virginia, There Is a Christmas (new) and Santa Claus Is Coming to Town (can't remember this one).

What's your favourite Christmas show? Don't even get me started with movies.. so many good ones.

4 comments:

  1. Rudolph and the island of misfit toys! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fav is charlie brown christmas purely for the sound track...vince guaraldi trio has so many nice christmas melodies! I'm lisetning to it right now as we speak :) I also like frosty, but hate the sequel they made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh J... you're still a kid at heart.. I love it.... and you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Grinch and Rudolph all the way!!

    ReplyDelete