Saturday, December 21, 2013

Bucket List, Complete!

I previously posted about our fall bucket list and for once in my life, I can boastfully announce that we completed it! Here are a few highlights:

A hayride! A hayride through the city streets, but it still counts, right? 


Apple picking and pumpkin patch. We had so much fun at County Line Orchard this year and were able to cross two things off our list in this one outing! Oh, plus we bought apple cider here, so make that three things to check off!

Apple pie. With our freshly picked apples I made a pie to celebrate our Canadian Thanksgiving. I think this is the best thing my mom ever taught me to make. It is just so good and Little m approves as well. I also made a pumpkin pie for American Thanksgiving, so that crosses two delicious things off the list. 

Pumpkin carving. Well, this is a given, along with roasting pumpkin seeds, attending the park's Boopalooza and trick or treating. What would Halloween be without these fun activities? 

Jumping and crunching in the leaves. This is one of Little m's favourite things to do while we walk the dog. Every day, crunch crunch crunch! So cute to watch.

And a couple of things that were on the list but not huge successes - leaf rubbings (no interest) and watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." Wow, that is the worst movie EVER. Will not be making a repeat appearance on a future must-do fall list. 

And with that, we can now move on to our Winter Bucket List. What perfect timing, as today is the first day of winter, and look at that, we've actually already completed half of the list! 

 Stay warm, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's great that you had a Fall Bucket list and actually completed it!! Wow!! I am so glad that you can make an apple pie like your momma!! You will have to teach Little m when she gets older!! It looks like you have a lot of fun things to do on your Winter Bucket list. Anything we can do in Florida??

    ReplyDelete