Saturday, December 21, 2013

O Christmas Tree

I just realized that last year I did not write a Christmas post! How sad, our first Christmas in our own home and everything. So this year you get two for the price of one, how's that for luck? 

For the past two years we've gone the cheapo route and bought trees from Home Depot. Last year our tree was great quality and lasted forever but this year I feel as though it's drying out quicker. Either way, I got a kick out of comparing pictures - taken exactly one year apart. How the time flies! 

Picking out the perfect tree! Look at how M looks exactly the same but Little m is so different.

 

Securing it onto the car.


And the best part, decorating.

 

This year Little m was SO extremely excited to help her daddy with the star. Days later she would tell anyone who was visiting how she put the star on "all my self". She also loved placing the ornaments on the tree, every single one onto the same branch, of course! She's also a great water girl, reminding and helping me fill up the stand every morning. Even now, 21 days since it's been up, as we come down the stairs every morning, she is awed by the glowing Christmas lights. "Wowwww, yights!"




Oh I just love this girl and Christmas is a million times better with her around. 

3 comments:

  1. I just love that little gal too. I loved seeing how excited she got when the outside lights on the patio came on automatically each night too!! She would grab my hand and pull me over and say, "Look, ganny, look!". Every single day that we were there. So precious!! I can't believe how much she has grown over the past year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love the pictures Jilly...thanks sooo much for sharing last years and this years..what a wonderful way to remember the fun times...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you didn't write a Christmas post last year! So fun to see the side by side pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete