Sunday, April 11, 2010

Finally Done

One of my goals for this year's 36 in 365 was to read Jane Eyre. I finally finished it this weekend. This novel took me a looong time to read (over a month, but that's long for me). I actually had to send it back to the library because I renewed it the maximum number of times, then had to take it out again to finish.

I began this book on a plane ride to Chicago. The man next to me said it must be pretty good because I didn't put it down once the entire flight! And the beginning was so good! But the middle got a bit boring and thankfully the end finished strong.

Jane Eyre, in short, is a woman who stands her moral ground and stays true to her heart. Knowing this book was published in 1847 makes me like it more than I might have because it's so progressive. I don't want to spoil anything for you, just go read it yourself!

Overall, this is not an "easy" book to read but it is a true classic. There are many parts I enjoyed and I'd rate it a 3.5 out of 5. I really wanted to love this book. Perhaps I'm not a classic type of gal?


1 comment:

  1. I read it in high school, but re-read it last year for my book club. I enjoyed it, but I much prefer Jane Austen over the Bronte sisters. Austen's stories are much better developed and written, in my opinion. :-)

    ReplyDelete