Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Marine City Fish Company

Back a few weeks ago when I was visiting my parents, we went out for lunch/dinner/linner at Marine City Fish Company to celebrate my brother and sister-in-law's eleventh wedding anniversary. I feel the need to write a blog post about it because man, was our meal ever delicious!

We rode the ferry from Sombra, ON to Marine City, MI which is something I haven't done in ages! Pictured below is the small ferry, but there is also a bigger one that runs back and forth.
It's a short ride, but fun nonetheless, especially for kids.
We ordered two appetizers to start. Thinking about the Fish Company Spread, shown below, still makes my mouth water. It was heavenly. It's a mixture of smoked salmon, onion, and herbs, served with baguette crackers. A party in my mouth.
The second appetizer was Smoked Fish and Cheese, which consisted of smoked salmon plus dill havarti and asiago cheese. Very nice as well.
For my main entree, I'm pretty sure I ordered perch, which I didn't take a picture of because I was too busy devouring it. I did capture my bowl of clam chowder though, which was quite possibly the best I've ever had. In my whole life. That's big.
The food at this restaurant is quite reasonably priced and if you're a fan of fish, this is a place you must try if you're in the area!

Sadly, I rarely cook fish at home because it's too stanky, but I do enjoy when someone makes it for me! Don't even talk to me about my love for sushi, or I'll want to make a trip to Toronto where you can actually find good, cheap stuff. What say you? Are you a big fish eater?

2 comments:

  1. um - if you eat alot of fish, you'll have a baby boy.....just sayin :)

    I'm a fan of some fish, not all. Just back from Halifax where they have the best haddock fish and chips and scallops in the world. They are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eating at the Marine City Fish Company. I think it is my new favourite place to eat. The appetizers were the best, I agree. I can't remember what I had that day but I know it was good. Oh, it makes me want to take a little ferry ride this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete