On December 14th my husband and I found out that we're expecting a baby in August! Exciting stuff! So far we've had two ultrasounds and earlier this week I heard baby's heartbeat on the doppler at my 16 week appointment. So far all three heart rate measurements have been in the 160 range, so I guess that means I'm having a girl :)
I've been feeling so good that it's a bit scary and other than being exhausted by the end of the day, I can't complain of any pregnancy symptoms (knock on wood times a million).
This is the only picture of a baby bump that I have so far and it's a horrible blurry one because the auto focus was turned off (believe me, this was the best one, even with the squinty face). I took this at 14 weeks and it's mostly belly bloat because it's kinda disappeared since then. It's also much more noticeable in this picture than normal because I'm wearing tight clothing. I am looking very forward to getting a noticeable baby bump rather than just looking more pudgy than normal.
And since everyone asks me the same questions, here's a list of FAQ:
1) No, we are not finding out the gender.
2) Yes, we have names chosen but no, we will not tell you!
3) Yes, the baby will have dual Canadian-American citizenship.
4) Yes, I know I'll be hot in August. I can't remember an August where I haven't been hot.
5) Yes, I will gladly take anything baby related you want to give/lend me :)
Any other questions?!