Tuesday, January 27, 2015

36 in 365: 2015 Edition

Well hello! Long time no see! 

I've missed this spot and am sad a whole year of unrecorded memories has passed because what I value most about this place is that it provides a way to look back and see what life was like at whatever moment in time. One reason I stopped blogging was because I had SO much to catch up on and was overwhelmed. I've decided to let it go, let it go and not worry about all of the things that I missed blogging about, just focus on what's happening now.

As a list lover, I couldn't pass up my traditional 36 in 365 list of goals for the year. This year, my overall resolution is to laugh more. I thought about what makes me laugh and of course the most laughter happens when I am happy. I thought about what makes me happy and narrowed it down to when I'm doing these things: eating amazing food, spending time outdoors, reading can't put you down books, exploring new places, and being with people I like. So, drumroll please....

36 in 365 (Round 7): 

Eat:
1. Bari
2. Firecakes
3. Au Cheval
4. Bongo Room
5. Bang Bang Pie
6. Umami Burger
7. Sultan's Market
8. Do-Rite Donuts
9. Longman & Eagle
10. Dove's Luncheonette
11. Mindy's Hot Chocolate
12. Grandma J's Local Kitchen

Go Outside:
13. Graue Mill
14. Wagner Farm
15. Humboldt Park
16. Lakeshore Trail
17. Caldwell Woods
18. Maggie Daley Park
19. Apple orchard in autumn
20. North Shore Channel Trail
21. Explore 5 new Chicago parks (1/5): Elston Park
22. Spitting fountains at Millenium Park

Read:
23. Middlesex
24. The Seamstress
25. All the Light We Cannot See
26. Without Reservations: The Travels of an Independent Woman
27. The Geography of Bliss: One Grump's Search for the Happiest Places in the World
28. The Good Girl's Guide to Getting Lost: A Memoir of Three Continents, Two Friends, and One Unexpected Adventure

Travel:
29. St. Louis
30. Milwaukee
31. Indiana Dunes
32. Starved Rock State Park
33. Somewhere in Central America

Socialize:
34. Call BFF once per month
35. Continue monthly brunch with mom friends
36. Host one neighborhood play date or moms night per month

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I admire all your goals. I bet you will accomplish most of them!!

    ReplyDelete