Saturday, February 16, 2013

36 in 365: 2013 Edition

(source)
It's back! 36 goals in 365 days. Only a month or two late. That seems right around my normal level of procrastination!

First things first - how did I do with last year's goals? I'm giving myself one and a half thumbs up. I fully completed 22/36 goals, which is a success rate of 60%. Not too bad! Definitely some room for improvement though. Here's my list from last year if you'd like to check it out.

Now, onto my goals for 2013. I've had quite a lot of time to think about what I want to accomplish this year and have decided to keep things simple and (hopefully) achievable.

36 in 365 Goals (Round Five):

Get Busy:
1. Write a day in the life of Little M post each month, starting in February (0/11).
2. Try out five new toddler friendly recipes (3/5): Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffin (success!), Very Berry Muffins (yummy), Toddler Approved Banana Mini Muffins (only tried a few because Bama ate them - but a bit bland)
3. Make fifteen new recipes that I've pinned on Pinterest (15/15): Detox Salad (delicioso), Crock Pot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal (pretty good), Raw Apple Snack (probably wouldn't make again), Coconut Curry Chicken Soup (not bad), Chicken Tortilla Rollups (quite good), Crock Pot Pork Chops (tasted like mom's home cookin'), Creamy Cashew Dip (tasty treat), Shrimp Scampi (quite good), Black Bean Burger (probably wouldn't make again), Sausage Bean Kale Stew (surprisingly delicious), Chicken Taco Bowls (easy and good), Banana Chocolate Chip Donut (tasty treat), Cauliflower Leek Soup (yum), Broiled Grapefruit (nice), Homemade Cadbury Creme Egg (so ridiculously sweet)
4. Taste or cook or bake with three ingredients I've never used before (3/3): fish sauce and red curry paste for this recipe, kumquats, the Peruvian delicacy of guinea pig
5. Read 25 books from my Goodreads list (25/25).
6. Read the parenting books that I've been meaning to get to.
7. Watch the third season of Downton Abbey with my mammy.
8. Hit publish on my New Zealand recaps.
9. Blog a total of 60 (or more!) posts this year.
10. Start writing in my One Line a Day journal.
11. Organize the garage.

Get Crafty:
12. Go on the Productive Parenting website and find five activities to do with Little m (0/5). 
13. Add 25 more items to my list of 101 things (37/101) that make me happy (5/25).
14. Make a really cool Christmas gift for my Goddaughter.
15. Finish framing and hanging up all of our artwork.
16. Figure out three activities that Little m can do while standing in her learning tower (0/3). 

Get Places:
17. Climb another mountain.
18. Explore three Chicago neighbourhoods (0/3).
19. Bring Little m to eight new parks (8/8): Haas, Erhler, Chi Che Wang, Fellger, Humboldt, South Lakeview, Holstein, Maplewood
20. Make a real effort to attend or host play dates for Little m.
21. Travel to two American states (2/2): Wisconsin, Washington D.C. plus Maryland
22. Take a picture of myself in front of the White House. 
23. Get to the dog park with Bama once per month (1?/12).
24. Bring Little m to a parade: Blackhawk's Parade
25. Go to Milwaukee.
26. Eat at Little Goat. 

Get Healthy:
27. Consistently attend Bar Method classes five days a week until my membership runs out.
28. Come into my L shape for the entire set during round back in Bar Method.
29. Hold crow for at least five seconds.
30. Use up all of the yoga classes that I bought Groupons for.
31. Lace up my skates and take Little m to the ice rink.
32. Make teeth brushing for Little m a daily habit. 
33. Kiss and hug the hubs more.
34. Reach my goal on DietBet, join a second game, and reach that goal as well (and go on to win a third and fourth!)

Get Giving:
35. Volunteer once a month (lost track/12).
36. Get involved somehow in my neighbourhood association.

Ready. Set. Go. 

2 comments:

  1. You can do it, daughter!! I admire you. I think you will accomplish a lot of your goals this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list Jill! I especially like the ice skating. I can't even remember how old I was the last time I was on a pair of skates :)

    ReplyDelete