Thursday, June 24, 2010

That's Just The Kind Of Guy He Is

A few weeks ago I took my car in to get a recall fixed and the timing belt replaced. $350, okay fine, I can deal with that. About an hour after I dropped the car off I received an email from good ole Bert outlining an "action plan". This, that, and the other thing must be replaced (of course) at the low, low price of $1842.42. Good grief!

I immediately emailed my dad, freaking out, asking what actually needed to be fixed and what they were trying to screw me around for. My dad told me to stick with the original plan and he'd fix a lot of the problems himself (for cheap... err, otherwise known as free). We traded cars last weekend and he's been working to fix my car up for me since then.

Isn't he nice? That's just the kind of guy he is. He'll doing anything humanly possible to help his kids. Thanks, Dad! What would we do without you?!

3 comments:

  1. I don't get my hands very dirty at work anymore so it's great to get back into the mechanical stuff once in a while. Who is the guy with the moustache in the pict. with my kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I love him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely appreciate it!

    The one upside to that action plan is that now we know what needs to be fixed. :)

    ReplyDelete